~ Comforting Others With the Comfort We Have Received…~
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort that we ourselves have received from God. ~ 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Sufficient Grace Ministries for Women, a 501 (c ) 3 non-profit, non-denominational organization, was founded in 2004, with the purpose of reaching out to women and families to offer comfort, encouragement and hope. The Dreams of You division of this ministry was created specifically to provide comfort to women and families who have lost a baby through miscarriage, stillbirth, or infant death. Sufficient Grace Ministries offers a comprehensive list of support options for bereaved parents, and parents currently carrying a baby with a life-limiting diagnosis. A team of staff, leaders, and volunteers helps us offer the wide range of free services we make available to more than 600 bereaved families each year, worldwide, fulfilling the mission of SGM to offer the same comfort to others we received from the Lord in our time of need. Our mission is to provide exemplary support for families and to train others to do so. Bereaved parents are never asked to pay for products or services. SGM is supported through donations from individuals, churches, businesses, and other organizations. Currently, close to 50 volunteers serve with SGM.
Perinatal Hospice ~ Bereavement Support Team Regional Coordinators
Read more about our Regional Coordinators by clicking their Region on the Find Support link or click their picture below:
- 2004 ~ Sufficient Grace Ministries for Women Inc. is founded with the creation of the Dreams of You Memory Book by Kelly Gerken
- 2004 ~ Comfort Bear is created by Kathy Bodenbender in memory of her grandchildren to help ease the ache of empty arms for mothers grieving the loss of their babies.
- Early 2005 ~ Sufficient Grace Ministries receives 501 (c) 3 non-profit status as a tax exempt organization in the state of Ohio
- 2006 ~ Offered first birth professionals training presentation as the Key Note Speaker for the Grand Rounds at Good Samaritan Hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio
- 2008 ~ Began The Beauty of Sufficient Grace Blog and Walking With You Online Support
- Continued offering hospital trainings in NW Ohio emphasizing the importance of compassionate care for bereaved parents
- 2012 ~ Developed SGM Perinatal Hospice Birth and Bereavement Services (in-person doula support and remembrance photography) for families facing a life-limiting diagnosis or loss in pregnancy
- 2013 ~ Published Walking With You and Walking With You for Fathers resource booklets
- 2013 to present ~ SGM Perinatal Hospice and Bereavement Support Training presented throughout the state of Ohio and cities in Kentucky, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and more pending!
- 2014 ~ Kelly’s book, Sufficient Grace, published by Comfort Publishing
SGM Volunteer Coordinators
To find out more about ways to volunteer, contact the volunteer coordinators below, or refer to our Coming Events Page for monthly work schedules.
Comfort Bear Seamstress Volunteer Coordinators
For questions about making Comfort Bears or Burial Gowns from wedding dresses:
Kaye Shively and Tracey Schwiebert ~ email@example.com
Kelly’s mother, Kathy Bodenbender, created the Comfort Bear in 2004 for grieving mothers to have something to hold to comfort the ache of their empty arms. (Although Kathy went home to heaven in October 2006, the bears are still made with love and prayers by a beautiful team of SGM volunteers.)
Crochet and Memorial Bracelet Volunteer Coordinator
Music Ministry Outreach
Tim and Kelly Gerken ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Sufficient Grace Ministries for Women, Inc. Board Members:
Kelly Gerken ~ Holly Haas ~ Nancy Parry ~ Lynette Taylor ~ Tim Gerken
For all the precious children whose footprints are forever ingrained in our hearts we still dream our dreams of you until we meet again. See I will not forget you. I have carved you in the palm of my hand. Isaiah 49:15b & 16
On those difficult days, remember, God’s love for you. He sees your pain and sorrow. Cry out to God and lay your burdens at His feet. He is able to meet all of your needs, today and everyday. The grace He gives is sufficient to mend even the most broken hearts.
My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in your weakness. 2 Corinthians 12:9
©2005 – 2016 Sufficient Grace Ministries for Women, Inc.